Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Gain Control in Gravity Pinball

There are five levels in Gravity Pinball 2 to choose from: very easy; easy; medium; hard and very hard. Given that I had never really been much of an expert at Pinball in the past, I decided to start with very easy. But I have to admit ? somewhat to my embarrassment ? that very easy was actually NOT very easy at all! You have this pinball and you have to make sure that it doesn't fall on the ground (you are the pinball in a grid). So you have to keep it in the air, but there are walls on the grid at which you must not bang in to. So not only do you have to work out how to control the pinball and stop it falling on the virtual floor each time, but you also have to stop it from colliding with any of the walls or other such objects. If you do, you will have to start the level again. I realized after some hopeless failed attempts at controlling the pinball in the alleged very easy level of Gravity Pinball 2, that I was not going to get anywhere until I had mastered control of the ball. So I practiced that time and again and by my next attempt at Gravity Pinball 2 I was actually doing okay. If you like a bit of a challenge and want to see what skills you have guiding a pinball, you will probably quite enjoy Gravity Pinball 2. But don't let yourself get frustrated ? in a game such as Gravity Pinball 2, practice really does make perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got a new Tv and new surround sound...we have an HDMI cable from the cable box to the tv then and HDMI from the surround sound, an audio cable from the surround to the cable box...the surrond works when watching tv however it doesn't work when playing my playstation...the playstation is plugged right into the tv...I tried putting the playstation into the surround and the audio wires into the tv but then it only works for the playstation and not when watching tv...anyone know what i'm doing wrong?